External Experts in charge of Curricula Development NOTICE
enHancingthEsociaL Inclusion Of neetS
University College of Applied Sciences-UCAS, Gaza, Palestine, Partner of the EU Funding project “HELIOS – enHancing thE sociaL Inclusion Of neetS” seeking two experts in the fields of Blue Economy and Circular Economy.
The project total budget is € 2.791.437,46€ and it is financed for an amount of € 2.512.293,72 (90%) by the European Union (ENI CBC MED 2014-2020 Programme) through the European Neighborhood and Partnership Instrument.
HELIOS project aims to help tackle social exclusion and poverty amongst vulnerable groups by identifying the sector with greatest potential for growth and by providing marketable skills to NEETs to meet those sector needs through training activities and cross-border traineeships in companies.
ARCES Association leads the consortium composed by the following partners: Fisheries and Blue Growth District (Italy), Action Against Hunger (Spain), Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (Greece), Tunisian Union of Agriculture and Fishery (Tunisia), University College of Applied Sciences Planning and External Relations Affairs (Palestine) and The National Center for Agricultural Research and Extension (Jordan). The HELIOS partners believe that the “NEET phenomenon” can be tackled and reduced through the implementation of concrete actions, such as training, coaching, tutoring and sharing of best practices between partners in two of the most relevant sectors of the Euro Mediterranean economy (i.e. Blue and Circular economy) which can generate hundreds of thousands of jobs for young people and women in the Mediterranean countries.
The project implementation period is 36 months (starting date 1/09/2019 – ending date 1/09/2022).
This invitation to tender to reputable firms or individuals, hereon referred to as the tenderers, to apply for the external experts in charge of Curricula Development.
The tenders must include their profile, C.V and the financial offers. All prices in the offer must be tax exempted.
- Tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead (or assist for other partners) the development of Blue/Circular Economy curricula for 3 levels of teaching (basic, intermediate and advanced level) in collaboration with the other nominated experts of the Helios consortium.
- Assist with the development of Blue/Circular Economy reference materials for the teaching (a ‘library’ of documents in English needs to be created for the teaching staff from the partner organizations to use and for the Helios e-learning platform)
- Teach the curricula developed on 6 courses (25 hours each course) over the lifetime of the project to various levels of participants. This includes site visits to Blue/Circular Economy enterprises collaborating with the project (this activity may need to be organized digitally for the first courses implemented)
- The course content tailored to the local level includes a study of local case studies to bring to the classroom.
- We are looking for a persons who have a solid background in the theoretical side of the Blue/Circular Economy and the various areas connected to the Blue/Circular Economy in a context of sustainability.
- This persons need to have good experience in teaching all levels of students, not necessarily in teaching Blue/Circular Economy subjects only. The candidates needs work as a team to develop the curricula together with the 6 colleagues from other Mediterranean partner countries.
- The curricula and descriptors will be developed in English but the reference materials and teaching will be done in the language of the course participants.
For more details, Please refer to the attached Expert profile at this link https://tinyurl.com/y26boo2v
- PRESENTATION OF TENDERS AND SELECTION PROCEDURES
The tenders must be sent by email to the following addresses:
- Hatem Sultan (UCAS Project Coordinator) – email@example.com
- Mohammed Al-Abadla (Financial manager)– firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting tenders has been extended to January 28th, 2021 at 3:00 PM (Palestine Local time).
Any tender received after this deadline will not be considered.