External Evaluation Consultant NOTICE
enHancingthEsociaL Inclusion Of neetS
University College of Applied Sciences-UCAS, Gaza, Palestine, Partner of the EU Funding project “HELIOS – enHancing thE sociaL Inclusion Of neetS” seeking to heir evaluation consultant.
The project total budget is € 2.791.437,46€ and it is financed for an amount of € 2.512.293,72 (90%) by the European Union (ENI CBC MED 2014-2020 Programme) through the European Neighborhood and Partnership Instrument.
HELIOS project aims to help tackle social exclusion and poverty amongst vulnerable groups by identifying the sector with greatest potential for growth and by providing marketable skills to NEETs to meet those sector needs through training activities and cross-border traineeships in companies.
ARCES Association leads the consortium composed by the following partners: Fisheries and Blue Growth District (Italy), Action Against Hunger (Spain), Institute of Entrepreneurship Development (Greece), Tunisian Union of Agriculture and Fishery (Tunisia), University College of Applied Sciences Planning and External Relations Affairs (Palestine) and The National Center for Agricultural Research and Extension (Jordan). The HELIOS partners believe that the “NEET phenomenon” can be tackled and reduced through the implementation of concrete actions, such as training, coaching, tutoring and sharing of best practices between partners in two of the most relevant sectors of the Euro Mediterranean economy (i.e. Blue and Circular economy) which can generate hundreds of thousands of jobs for young people and women in the Mediterranean countries.
The project implementation period is 36 months (starting date 1/09/2019 – ending date 1/09/2022).
This invitation to tender to reputable firms or individuals, hereon referred to as the tenderers, to apply for the external evaluator consultant.
The tenders must include their profile, C.V and the financial offers. All prices in the offer must be tax exempted.
The main outcome expected from this service is to monitor project based on the outcome and output indicators and timeframe for delivery as stated in the project application and agreed project work packages and work plan. The specific objectives are:
- To formulate a set of relevant, simple and straightforward indicators to monitor the project outputs and activities through establishing of M&E system.
- To implement the established M&E system during the remaining life cycle of the project.
- Tasks and responsibilities:
The Consultant (individual /firm) is expected to:
- Review the relevant project documents (including, but not limited to the project document, work packages, especially which UCAS participate in, work plan), review and revise the log frame and result matrix, and revise the indicators if necessary.
- Develop the M&E needs and plans of the project, and extract relevant indicators to monitor the project deliverables (outcomes and outputs).
- Establish an effective data collection system and reporting forms for capturing quantitative and qualitative information.
- Identify Mean of verification that the project can use.
- Develop a manual of M&E system that includes the above and guides the project team in processing and evaluating the information.
- Implement the established M&E system during the remaining life cycle of the project.
- Expected Outputs/Deliverables:
Result-based M&E Log frame.
- Manual on M&E indicators.
- Manual on Reporting.
- M&E System.
- Evaluation report as well as Comprehensive final report.
The M&E system designed by the selected service provider will have the capability to ensure the followings:
- Efficient implementation and accomplishment of the activities
- Monitoring and Evaluation during the remaining life cycle of the project.
- Assessment of the progress and impacts of the activities of the project objectives until the end of the project.
- Minimum Requirements of the service provider:
Service provider either individuals or firm should meet the following:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in related field work, i.e. multi-disciplinary capacity on monitoring, experience working with EU or other international organizations.
- Experience of work with local communities.
- Experience in data collection and analysis in the fields of social inclusion and actions against poverty.
- Record of accomplishment and working knowledge in the field of assignment.
- PRESENTATION OF TENDERS AND SELECTION PROCEDURES
The tenders must be sent by email to the following addresses:
- Hatem Sultan (UCAS Project Coordinator) – email@example.com
- Mohammed Al-Abadla (Financial manager)– firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting tenders has been extended to January 28th, 2021 at 3 PM (Palestine Local time).
Any tender received after this deadline will not be considered.